Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ruffles, Ruffles, Ruffles

After reading my serger manual (Mary and Mel smile), I threaded the thing on last night and to my surprise, IT WORKED!!! For this reason, Kayden has a new pair of ruffles!!!! They are actually ruffle hem pants but in the sewing world it is shortened to ruffles. They were SUPER easy to make and I love the way the serger cleans up my seams...the machine is amazing...I am INDEED in love!!!

Here they are! And if anyone is wondering what a serger does, the second photo shows how it sews, trims the excess fabric and gives you a clean stitch all at once!!!


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Very cute and congrats on reading that manual ;)

Handmade Mama said...

Thanks Mel! And reading sure does the mind good...it made it a lot easier to NOT go crazy!!!

Mary said...

Love the manual! My friend sews all her kids clothes and has a serger. I might have to borrow it one of these days next time I make clothes.

Handmade Mama said...

@Mary...yes, gotta love the manuals...those darn things are SOOO useful...imagine that!

Blog Archive

Search This Blog