Sunday, October 3, 2010

A New Level...

In the world of sewing. My DH surprised me with a serger on Wednesday of this week. I had done some research through CR and some sewing blogs and the Janome was the best for sewers like me that wanted to spend a fortune. I ended up with the Janome MyLock 634D. I guess that I can think of it as a birthday gift, but I think that it was more about my husband supporting something that I love :)

We met for lunch and afterwards were heading down the walk to a local office supply store. I suggested that we stop by one of those sewing machine/vacuum stores to take a look at there sergers. We were offered a great deal on a floor model that he could not resist. The purchase also came with a three year warranty and free lessons on how to use the machine. The free lessons are great since I am not one that loves to read directions/instructions :( I plan on using it today to make a pair of ruffle pants for Kayden, so I will hopefully get a chance to share. We have had family visiting all weekend so I am itching to have some time alone to get to know my new toy!!!

Happy Sunday everyone and enjoy the cooling weather...fall is definitely here!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog