Monday, March 7, 2011

Good Sleep, Spring Projects, Etc......

OMG...I looked at my blog this morning and realized that it has been some three weeks since I last posted! Of course, like always, I have been SUPER busy. My church hosted a Ministry Fair this weekend that took a lot more time then I thought it would. I was party of the planning committee, which then turned into the decorations committee and then...you get the idea. The theme was Passport to Ministry and it was nice to see everything come together. Unfortunately, I did not get ANY pictures as I am not accustomed to taking my camera to church...I need to see if I can bum some off of a friend.

This is so mundane, or so common life, but my DH and I bought a new mattress and box spring set yesterday. My DH has ongoing sciatica and we always get a firm mattress. Well as you probably know, a mattress NEVER stays firm so we end up replacing them every 4 or 5 years...only been married 9 years and we are on the third one. This time, we decided to splurge on a product with a 20 year warranty and had a Tempurpedic delivered on yesterday. We even bought the pillows and let me just say that I had a good night of sleep last night. It was TRULY an investment but I am SOOO happy that we did it!

On to the important stuff...spring projects. I have fallen in love AGAIN most importantly with my Cricut and then with these TableScapes over at Happy Life, Crafty Wife and I have decided to make an Easter one for our home. I finished the sketch yesterday and started to cut some of the pieces out as well. I am SOOO excited to get it done and cannot wait to share this with my blog family!
I am working on a new spring fabric bag in black, gray and yellow. It is another modified Buttercup Bag! I love that pattern because you can easily make changes that give you a completely different look.

And, I have been doing some sewing for my sweet girl. I created a halter dress for her and then a gathered waist thank dress complete with a contrasting pettiskirt and flower applique. The neat thing about the second dress is that the straps meet at a button whole at the back where the straps are tied together to create a bow. I will try and get some photos tonight and get those uploaded.

Speaking of photos...I am in the market for a new camera. I am a point and click kind of girl and I am NOT trying to be a photographer. I want something with a few more bells and whistles than I have now, but nothing on a professional level. What can you all recommend?

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Angela said...

The Canon One Touch is a good camera.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog