Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Tradition

First, let me say Happy Father's Day to all of the dads and dads-to-be in blog world. Our sweet girl said Happy Father's Day to EVERY, I mean EVERY man that spoke to her today. She was so excited to give daddy his gift in bed today, even though she kept asking, "what is it mommy"....that was too cute.

As we sat at Ted's Montana Grill for lunch today, it dawned on me that my dh requests to have lunch there every year for his special day. In 2007 and 2008, they took digital photos of the dads with their children and sent you home with a picture. With the economy gone south, I was not surprised to see this treat gone for Father's Day 2009 and today proved the same.

But leave it to me to keep a tradition going :) For the past two years, I have snapped a photo myself to have as a keepsake. It will be so much fun to look back on these photos in the coming years and see my sweet girl and her daddy sharing a smile and a VERY special day...one that he was not always sure would belong to him!

Father's Day 2009


Father's Day 2010

Thanks for letting me share! And yes, I am waiting for the day when they are both able to take a serious picture!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog