Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to Us...Updated with Gifties!

Yep, that's right! Today marks the fourth anniversary of mine and my twin sister's thirtieth birthday and I feel blessed to have made it a another year. My twin sister posted the picture below on her Facebook page and it brought tears to my eyes...4 weeks old and loving each other (I am on the right)! Happy Birthday Sakira! I sometimes forget that today is also the birthday of my oldest sister. My mother had her first child on October 26, 1960 and the last two on October 26, 1975...how often does that happen!?!?!?! Happy Birthday Nita! I love you dear ladies!!!
In honor of a birthday, I find it appropriate to each cake! For anyone that knows me well, they know that I LOVE cake on ANY day of the week! I was thrilled today when I ran across a lead on a great cake website, Bakerella. On the site, I found directions on how to make cake pops (yes, that is cake on a stick)...they look so YUMMY and all so cute! Bookmarking this site and adding these instructions to my recipe book.

Updated: So, today when I got home, I had a package from Ohio waiting on me...YEAH! It was from my dear friend Mel, so I knew that it was a craftie(s) of some form...and my thoughts were confirmed. She made me a beautiful deep red toboggan (I LOVE hats) and a cute little notebook (I keep one with me at all times...a habit from college). The toboggan has a beautiful cable design that makes it look store bought! Thank you Mel for the wonderful craftie gifties and for sending me something handmade! I love you girl! Please be warned that items in the pictures to follow are much smaller than they appear, i.e. my head!


Have a great day guys...I did!

4 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Happy birthday Nak! Have some cake for me :)

Nutsy Coco said...

You're welcome! I'm so happy you like them and can't believe they actually got there on time!

CandCFamily said...

I hope you had a great birthday, love the hat!

Handmade Mama said...

@Mel...I LOVE the hat! So cute...I am just wondering where will I ever find a scarf to match...hint...hint...hint...hint...

@Carly...thank you for the birthday wish! I hope that Christopher had a good birthday too! And, isn't that hat lovely...a matching scarf would be great, but SO hard to find...

Blog Archive

Search This Blog