Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Oprah - The Mission Statement Challenge

The February issue of Oprah magazine has a FABULOUS challenge for its readers. The challenge is to come up with a six word personal mission statement for your life....hmmm...just six words.

This challenge got me to thinking about my personal mission statement and how often it would change over a month, year or decade. So much of who you are depends on where you are in life and where you want to be. So, if you had to create a mission statement for your present (today) and your future (a year plus from today), what would they be? I have personally never thought about a personal mission statement for myself, but thought that it might be fun to give it a try. So, here goes:
Present: "Conquering my world minute by minute"
Future: "Patience is my most impotant asset"

Remember, six words exactly...no more and no less! I cannot wait to see what my blog family comes up with.

4 comments:

Kristyn @ Carolina Fireflies said...

Oooh! This is an interesting challenge! Let's see:

Present: "Take control of my daily choices"

Future: "Live as a Christian every day."

I'm not sure if these are definitely what I want them to be but this is what first came to my mind but I agree that a personal mission statement is so heavily influenced by your current, daily situation. I am going to think more about this and possibly do my own post about this.

On another note - I love your personal mission statements and consider myself lucky to be able to follow along on your journey!

Handmade Mama said...

@Kristyn...LOVING your mission statements!!! I wonder what they will look like in a month or two. I need to honestly start doing one for the month and see how it goes. Maybe the first day of the month, I need to do a Monthly Mission post on my blog...hmmmm....

And I am even luckier to have you on my journey as well...and we have the JLDOC to thank for that :)

Nutsy Coco said...

Nak, I'm doing this just for you :)

Present: Breaking out of my comfort zone

Future: Living life to the very fullest

Handmade Mama said...

Yeah Mel...now I know that you love me :) AWESOME job..now post them in your house somewhere so that you can see them daily!!!

Blog Archive

Search This Blog