Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Birthday in a Box

Hey folks! Guess who has a birthday soon.....my twin sister, which also means ME!!! On tomorrow, I turn 36 and boy have the years seemed to pass so quickly! I think that once we adopted Kayden, the time went EVEN faster.

October seems to be a month filled with MANY birthdays for me, so I tend to be busy on the handmade gift side of things. This year, I decided to do a Birthday in a Box for a friend and client that lives in NY. She adores handmade stuff so I know that she will appreciate the love that went into putting this gift together. I got the idea from a Creating Keepsakes magazine about three years ago and finally got a chance to make my own.

I started by picking the colors for the package. My friend's favorite color is blue, so that was an easy choice. I decided on a light blue, khaki, blue and white color scheme....a little beachy (she loves the ocean) while modern.


Next, I created a logo that was to be used on all of the products. She is turning 38, so I created a logo that used that number. I added six birthday candles but later realized that eight might have been better :/!


I then decided what I would put into the box and designed labels (with the logo) for each product. I love single word designs, so that is what I decided to use.


I made each item by hand as it was allowed. The Birthday in a Box contained the following items with a fun label:
wear - party hat (handmade)
blow - candles
bake - cupcake mix
fill - cupcake liners
toss - confetti (handmade)
drink - wine
inflate - balloons
stick - cupcake toppers (handmade)
hang - party banner (handmade)


Last, I put it all into a bakery box. Added a label to the outside of the box, and it is all ready to ship!I am thrilled with how it turned out!!!! I plan to make more and more of these in the future!

Have a great Tuesday!!!!

7 comments:

Mary said...

What a cute idea!

Handmade Mama said...

Thank you Mary and Mel for the sweet compliments! This was a fun gift to make and I look forward to making more of these. This would be great for a child....I know that Kayden LOVES to receive packages!!!

Angela said...

I love everything! You’re so creative. What a lucky friend!

Handmade Mama said...

Oh Angela, you are TOOOO sweet! I sure hope that she likes the gift. I am excited that I was able to find one of her favorite wines that she can NEVER find in NYC....odd. I thought that if it was EVER to be found, it was in NYC. I have a feeling that I will making a few more of these in the near future :)

Tanisha said...

I LOVE that idea!!!
I will have to incorporate that in the future, somehow...
The logo that you created was beautiful as well. Three candles on each number looked good to me. :)

Sweet Patience said...

Very cute and modern!
I am a sucker for the whole kit. I love designing a whole theme with everything that goes together. Very cute and I know that she loved it!

Handmade Mama said...

@Tanisha, thank you sweetie and thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

@Kristy, thank you as well. I do plan on making more of these. I think these would be cute as a themed kit for a child's birthday party. It was SOOO fun to make!

Blog Archive

Search This Blog