Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Birthdays and Hardwoods

My oldest sister Bonita will be turning 50 on my birthday, October 26th, and I was honored when my BIL asked me if I would design the invitations for her celebration. His only requirement was that I use the colors teal, ivory and brown...simple enough. So TA DA...the invitation....

disclaimer: names and info have been changed to protect the innocent :)

I am happy to report that my BIL was very happy with the design and has given me the go ahead to print :)

So on another note...the wood for the living/dining room floors is here and now all I need to do is call and confirm the install for next week. I am so excited!!! That also means that I need to get those new drapes made....excitement diverted....
Have a great evening!

5 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Beautiful as always! And yay for the hardwoods!

Sweet Patience said...

I love the color combinations! I may be partial due to having Those color combinations in my home! Smile.
Yeah, for your hardwoods. You will love them in your dining/living room combo! It will be easier to clean whether you are messy or have messy family members or not!
I had to splurge on the dining room hardwood upgrade when we built. I could not imagine food stains on light carpet when we entertained or walked through the room on a regular basis. We had a few friends who didn't think about it when they purchased but decided to get them after a year being in the home and dealing with carpet in an eating area. Builders should be shameful for evening putting carpet in eating areas like that. It is truly a waste if you really use the area and you will end up pulling the carpet out or spending ridiculous money on keeping the carpet clean in the dining area over time. Unless you have no kids, no pets and do not eat in your dining room!

Another area that bothers me is when I see Carpet in a bathroom. The whole bathroom with carpet? That is just strange to me to not have the option of sanitizing a floor that you get out of the shower or bathtub from daily and carpets definitely hold more odor and water stuff like that. It just seems a little odd. Sorry, to get off on this, but it hit my mind as I responded to your post.

Handmade Mama said...

@Melly Mel...thank you hun for your sweet compliments. I cannot wait to get those floors laid.

@Kristy...your message had me dying laughing. I have never understood why builders would even consider carpet for a dining room. I would think that ugly sheet vinyl would have been a better option. We knew that would be the case when we moved in...my DH for some reason LOVES carpet and was okay with it in that area. I was not and our first home had hardwoods in the dining area.

And for the bathroom...SMH...wet carpet and bacteria...need I say anymore :)

Jessica said...

It's PERFECT you are very talented!!

Handmade Mama said...

Thank you Jessica!

Blog Archive

Search This Blog